PhD Industrial Organization
Last updated on Nov 10, 2021
⚠️ WORK IN PROGRESS! ⚠️
Welcome to my notes and code for a graduate course in Empirical Industrial Organization!
All code is written in Julia. I borrow heavily from other sources (below), but all mistakes are mine. The RMarkdown notebooks can be found here.
Please, if you find any typos or mistakes, open a new issue. Or even better, fork the repo and submit a pull request. I am happy to share my work and I am even happier if it can be useful.
The course will cover the following content
- Production Function Estimation
- Demand Estimation [slides]
- Demand Identification
- Merger Analysis
- Entry and Exit
- Single-Agent Dynamics [slides]
- Dynamic Games [slides]
The course also covers the baseline replication of the following papers
The course heavily borrows from the following sources
- Kohei Kawaguchi’s Empirical IO course in R
- Gregory Crawford Graduate Empirical IO course at UZH
- Phil Haile and Mitrsuru Igami Graduate Empirical IO course at Yale
More references can be found within each single session.